From: Howard on
Hi all,

I have tried several times to install Adobe reader 9 on my iMac (one
year old with latest system software).

The installation goes fine.

But when I try to open a PDF I get the legal agreement window and then
I immediately get an error message saying "an internal error occurred"
and an option to report.

Anyone ?

Howard

From: David Kennedy on
On 3/12/08 13:40, Howard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have tried several times to install Adobe reader 9 on my iMac (one
> year old with latest system software).
>
> The installation goes fine.
>
> But when I try to open a PDF I get the legal agreement window and then I
> immediately get an error message saying "an internal error occurred" and
> an option to report.
>
> Anyone ?

Use Preview.
From: Howard on
On 2008-12-03 13:48:19 +0000, David Kennedy
<davidkennedy(a)nospamformethanksverymuchyoubastards.invalid> said:

> On 3/12/08 13:40, Howard wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have tried several times to install Adobe reader 9 on my iMac (one
>> year old with latest system software).
>>
>> The installation goes fine.
>>
>> But when I try to open a PDF I get the legal agreement window and then
>> I immediately get an error message saying "an internal error occurred"
>> and an option to report.
>>
>> Anyone ?
>
> Use Preview.

yes - Thanks. I do that but wanted to have Acrobat which has a few
advantages. I just don't unfderstand why I can't use Acrobat though...

Anyone else ever experience this problem ?

Howard

From: Jon B on
Howard <Howard.not(a)home.com> wrote:

> On 2008-12-03 13:48:19 +0000, David Kennedy
> <davidkennedy(a)nospamformethanksverymuchyoubastards.invalid> said:
>
> > On 3/12/08 13:40, Howard wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I have tried several times to install Adobe reader 9 on my iMac (one
> >> year old with latest system software).
> >>
> >> The installation goes fine.
> >>
> >> But when I try to open a PDF I get the legal agreement window and then
> >> I immediately get an error message saying "an internal error occurred"
> >> and an option to report.
> >>
> >> Anyone ?
> >
> > Use Preview.
>
> yes - Thanks. I do that but wanted to have Acrobat which has a few
> advantages. I just don't unfderstand why I can't use Acrobat though...

Yep much as I prefer Preview it doesn't display all PDFs correctly.

> Anyone else ever experience this problem ?

Nope, does it work from a different user account? Narrows it down to a
machine or local pref fault.
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.