From: Season on
i have never used the graph wizard in access before, always excel, but really
need to do it in access. i tried the chart wizard, but it does not set it up
correctly. Basically i need a line graph, that on the x-axis shows the hours
of the day (in hour increments-24 hours), the y-axis to show a flow value
(mg), there will need to be 2 lines on the graph (weekend and weekday shown
seperately), and there are multiple sites that will each need a graph
hopefully all in the same report with each monitor site on a different page.
My table that the graph is running off of is set up with columns for the
monitor, daytype(weekend or weekday), time (avg to hour increments), and the
Q value. The graph i tried to set up only shows the first monitoring site
multiple times, even though in the grouping i selected the monitor, and the
rest is just crazy numbers that do not seem to match anything. Can a graph
like this be done, or do i need to just import the data to excel and spend
alot of time setting these graphs up? Thanks so much
From: Duane Hookom on
Graphs are quite a bit like subreports. Assume the data you want to display
in the graph are records in the detail of a subreport. You can filter the
subreport records based on a value or values in the main report. This is done
using the Link Master/Child properties.

The first step is to get the Row Source correct. Again this is like the
Record Source of the subreport. Once you have the Row Source, set the graph
properties to create the display you want.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP