From: Jerry on
Running Virtual PC under Windows 7 64-bit. In the XP Professional virtual
machine, I can only have the 1441x918 pixels 16 bit display (there are no
other options under Settings).
I was able to get other options when running XP in Virtual PC 2007 under
Vista. I am also able to get other options in Vista and Linux virtual
machines now, but not under XP.

Why is that? Is there a solution?

Will appreciate any advice.

From: Robert Comer on
There's a registry change that you can do to get 24-bit color, but
otherwise, disabling the integration components is the most you can do.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278502&sd=tech
is how to set it to 24-bit color (I know it applies to terminal services,
but it uses the same display tec)

--
Bob Comer