From: CindyB on
I am reposting this from the Sql Server Forum.

We are using Sql Server 2005 9.00.4035.
We have a hub and spoke topology which includes 6 tables with identity
columns.
I need to add a new subscription to a new server (same version/sp). I took
backup from another subscriber and restored to new server, ran snapshot, push
subscription. To make sure a new record would replicate, I added a record at
the publisher with the followig text:
Insert into tblicimagefolder (imagefolder) values ('dummy')

A conflict occurs with the following: This failure can be caused by a
constraint violation. Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in
table tblicimagefolder when identity insert is set to off.

I do not want to turn the identity insert off because I want the system to
assign the value.

I let the merge agent run to one of the existing subscribers and the data
was added without conflict.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for any help in advance.

--