From: Vili on
My Reconciler Test fails and I have no idea why.

I had working single-server publishing going on, but now I have to
change it to multiserver environmet (Same sql server, different IIS).
The old setup is still working so I haven't broken anything on the SQL
server.

On IIS server I have installed:
SQL Server Replication Components and Mobile Edition Server Tools.
I have created through configurating Web Synchronization Wizard an
virtual folder to use as a gate to Snapshot.
Snapshot is in the SQL server on a shared folder.

Here is the diagnostics:

SQL Server Compact Server Agent Diagnostics

2010/03/15 14:43:59

General Information Item Value
Server Name WWWServer
URL /Mobile/SQLCESA35.DLL
Authentication Type Anonymous
Server Port 80
HTTPS off
Server Software Microsoft-IIS/6.0
Replication Allowed
RDA Allowed
Logging Level 1

Impersonation and Access Tests

Action Status ErrorCode
Impersonate User SUCCESS 0x0
ReadWriteDeleteMessageFile SUCCESS 0x0

SQL Server Compact Modules Test

Module Status ErrorCode Version
sqlcerp35.dll SUCCESS 0x0 3.0.5214.0
sqlcesa35.dll SUCCESS 0x0 3.5.5692.0

Reconciler Test

Reconciler Status ErrorCode
10.0 Database Reconciler FAILURE 0x80040154 <- This is ok, I
don't have MSSSQL 2008
9.0 Database Reconciler FAILURE 0x8007007E <- THIS SHOULD WORK!

SQL Server Module Versions

Module Version
sqloledb.dll 2000.86.3959.0
9.0 replrec.dll 2005.90.1399.0
9.0 replprov.dll 2005.90.1399.0
9.0 msgprox.dll 2005.90.1399.0
From: Vili on
Oh almost forgot. I get this Replication Transport Error in mobile
device when trying to sync.

Value: 28009

created. Try reinstalling the replication components.

But I have been removing and installing components, but no luck.
Nothing helps
From: Vili on
Can the problem be SQL Server Module Versions? The SQL 2005 server has
Service Pack 2 installed.
From: Vili on
Answer to this is yes. SQL Server 2005 tools did not work here. I
tried to install SQL Server 2008 tools and they worked! Now everything
works ok.

Can someone clarify why Service Pack 2 breaks the compatibility?