From: DWatt on
Messages are received but cannot send - they stay in Outbox. Have checked
all the account setup information and all appears to be ok - did the test and
it connects to the incoming server but not the outgoing server - using
Starband as my email address but am not using Starband as my current ISP - my
virus software is AVG and it is not scanning outgoing email - I have sent an
email to Starband support advising them of my current IP address in case it
is a Starband problem, but since I receive email that doesn't seem to make
too much sense - any suggestions would be appreciated.
From: LD5SZRA on

It is a starband problem. I tried to check their website
<http://support.starband.net/> but it doesn't load so something is
amiss here.

You could check the configurations again and in particular the box
that says "My outgoing server <smtp> requires authentication"
Perhaps it needs a tick here.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"LD5SZRA" <LD5SZRA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> It is a starband problem. I tried to check their website
> <http://support.starband.net/> but it doesn't load so something is
> amiss here.

I couldn't get that one to open, either, but this one does (with errors):
http://www.starband.net/support/HelpAndHowTo.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]