From: Anthony Fontana on
We have Windows XP workstations running on a Windows Server 2003 domain.
Sometimes, when a user clicks on a file in a folder, then clicks on another
file in that same folder, all items in between the two get selected. The
Shift key is not being pressed though.

How do I turn this off? Up till now, all I can figure out is to logoff and
login again.

From: Shenan Stanley on
Anthony Fontana wrote:
> We have Windows XP workstations running on a Windows Server 2003
> domain. Sometimes, when a user clicks on a file in a folder, then
> clicks on another file in that same folder, all items in between
> the two get selected. The Shift key is not being pressed though.
>
> How do I turn this off? Up till now, all I can figure out is to
> logoff and login again.

Change the mouse and keyboard on the computer.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Anthony Fontana on
I finally managed to duplicate it by using shift to select contigous files,
then turning on sticky keys. I am guessing that the users are accidently
turning on sticky keys, perhaps by pressing shift 5x rapidly. Turning off
sticky keys helped.

Thanks.