From: Howard Coupland on
I have been using 98se and recently bought a new XP home computer. I have a
Canon 1250U2 Scanner which worked fine on the old Windows 98 machine but now
will not allow me to install on the new machine. There is no detection of
the device as I plug the USB lead into my machine (which is a standard 2.0.)
It asks for installation of a new device and it fails to recognize the
scanner at all. I tried downloading scanner drivers from this site, but have
no idea where these need to go to get this to work.

Any suggestions welcome ?

From: CSM1 on
"Howard Coupland" <how.jacque(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I have been using 98se and recently bought a new XP home computer. I have a
>Canon 1250U2 Scanner which worked fine on the old Windows 98 machine but
>now will not allow me to install on the new machine. There is no detection
>of the device as I plug the USB lead into my machine (which is a standard
>2.0.) It asks for installation of a new device and it fails to recognize
>the scanner at all. I tried downloading scanner drivers from this site, but
>have no idea where these need to go to get this to work.
>
> Any suggestions welcome ?

Support for D1250U2:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=235&modelid=8371

If this is the driver you downloaded.
CanoScan D1250U2/D1250U2F Scanner Driver ScanGear CS-U Ver. 6.3.3.0 for
Windows XP/2000/NT/Me/98

and is this the file you downloaded?
SGCSU6330WNEN.EXE

Did you read the instructions "Installing the Downloaded Driver on Windows
XP (USB)"?
It is on the same page with the download of the above file.

Unplug the scanner, wait for the software to install. Reboot the computer,
connect and turn on the scanner.

With Windows Explorer:
Double click on the file you downloaded. (Or run from the start menu Run
command)
That will start the installation of the scanner software.

To use the driver, after installation you import (TWAIN) with a Photo editor
such as PhotoShop Elements.
If you do not have a Photo Editor, get Irfanview and plug-ins (free for
personal use).
http://www.irfanview.com

--
CSM1