From: Scott on
When I save a colour scanned document in pdf file format, below error
message appeared. Other file format does not have this error. Can someone
advise any possible causes and fixes.

PAFCV2.DLL load error
File access error occured. Check write protect or disk full.

Thanks,

Scott

From: Danny on
Hi Scott,

when does the error occur? (i.e. when acquiring the image? or prior to
the document feeding through the DR2080C. what resolution, image mode,
page size, etc.. are you using for the capture?

There's some useful tips to help isolate the problem:

1. Make sure that you're not selecting 8 or 256 color within the Twain
UI since PDF's don't support neither one of those settings

2. Eliminate Adobe from the equation- duplicate the attempted scan with
identical driver settings into a different file format- (such as TIFF,
JPEG, or Bitmap.) . This also means that you'd have to use another
twain compliant application (such as MS Word--> Insert | Picture | From
Scanner or Camera | select the same datasource that you use in your
other appliation)

if that fails as well, then verify the hardware isn't returning an
error code during the scan.

if that's successful, and you're able to print the same image file to
your Adobe PDF printer, then there's a few more steps to try...

hope this helps

Danny

From: Scott on
Danny,

It happened when saved as pdf file after I scanned a document. Colour mode,
150dpi and A4 size. I use Adobe Acrobat 6 to scan document without any
issue but not CapturePerfect 2.0 version 2.311.2005.303. Any clue to this
issue?

Thanks,

Scott

From: Danny on
Hi Scott,

That's interesting... To clarify that I'm understanding your situation
correct:

1. you're able to capture and view the pdf color image?.But any attempt
to save the image to file results with the dll error?

2. If you launch Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard or Professional, | Create
PDF | From Scanner | select the Canon Twain Source as your device |
and scan at 150dpi / 24bit color - you have no problems with the
capture, view, and saving of the pdf file.

.... If you have time, and are willing to allow a remote desktop session
to the scanning pc, give me a call: 408-996-1829

This sounds like an interesting one that I'd like to see... I'm not an
expert with the Capture Perfect software , but after taking a glimpse
at the help file- it appears to be a twain compliant application for
the capture module. Are you able to capture with the identical settings
but to another file format (such as tiff? ) This would help determine
if the problem is specific to Capture Perfect and the pdfmaker plugin.

Hope this helps,

Danny

From: Scott on
Danny,

Please see my answer as below:-

> Hi Scott,
>
> That's interesting... To clarify that I'm understanding your situation
> correct:
>
> 1. you're able to capture and view the pdf color image?.But any attempt
> to save the image to file results with the dll error?

Yes.

> 2. If you launch Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard or Professional, | Create
> PDF | From Scanner | select the Canon Twain Source as your device |
> and scan at 150dpi / 24bit color - you have no problems with the
> capture, view, and saving of the pdf file.

Yes.

> ... If you have time, and are willing to allow a remote desktop session
> to the scanning pc, give me a call: 408-996-1829

Where are you located? I am in Hong Kong.

> This sounds like an interesting one that I'd like to see... I'm not an
> expert with the Capture Perfect software , but after taking a glimpse
> at the help file- it appears to be a twain compliant application for
> the capture module. Are you able to capture with the identical settings
> but to another file format (such as tiff? ) This would help determine
> if the problem is specific to Capture Perfect and the pdfmaker plugin.

Tiff and jpg are working correctly except pdf. I guess that on one of Canon
website it states that you need to install vX and then installed the latest
version but I downloaded the latest version from Australia where it does not
have such statement. Does it relate to copy right of Adobe?