From: jenneylist on
Canon EOS 550D, New 18-megapixel Camera with Full HD...
http://www.techespot.com/2010/02/canon-eos-550d-new-18-megapixel-dslr.html
From: David J Taylor on
"jenneylist" <jenneylist(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Canon EOS 550D, New 18-megapixel Camera with Full HD...
> http://www.techespot.com/2010/02/canon-eos-550d-new-18-megapixel-dslr.html

Looks nice, but a pity there's no swivel on the LCD. It will be
interesting to see how their ISO 6400 images compare when the production
reviews are released.

David

From: ransley on
On Feb 12, 2:06 am, jenneylist <jenneyl...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Canon EOS 550D, New 18-megapixel Camera with Full HD...http://www.techespot.com/2010/02/canon-eos-550d-new-18-megapixel-dslr...

Marketing folks, more and more mp that is not going to improve a
photo, I have a T1i and read reviews my T1i is not noticeably better
than an xsi, and some reviews down graded it. The mass public thinks
"more mp just means better" It just means hard drives and cards fill
faster for most people. Now a 5D by FF design is noticeably better.
From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
ransley <Mark_Ransley(a)Yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2:06 am, jenneylist <jenneyl...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Canon EOS 550D, New 18-megapixel Camera with Full HD...http://www.techespot.com/2010/02/canon-eos-550d-new-18-megapixel-dslr...

> Marketing folks,

Of course. Name a better way to survive as a company.

> more and more mp that is not going to improve a
> photo,

Well, some people are already outclassed by an Agfa Clack.
But for those that need the pixels, nothing but more pixels can
stand in --- and for the rest, they aren't going to hurt.

> I have a T1i and read reviews my T1i is not noticeably better
> than an xsi, and some reviews down graded it.

Be sure to "down"grade your T1i for an xsi and cash in on the
price difference.

> The mass public thinks
> "more mp just means better"

And for DSLRs, that is still true.

> It just means hard drives and cards fill
> faster for most people.

Come on, a 1TB hard drive is peanuts today.

> Now a 5D by FF design is noticeably better.

Better by what measure and for whom? Surely not for someone owning
much EF-S glass and enjoying the extra reach crop cameras give ...

-Wolfgang
From: Peter on
"David J Taylor"
<david-taylor(a)blueyonder.delete-this-bit.and-this-part.co.uk.invalid> wrote
in message news:EH8dn.39099$Ym4.5165(a)text.news.virginmedia.com...
> "jenneylist" <jenneylist(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Canon EOS 550D, New 18-megapixel Camera with Full HD...
>> http://www.techespot.com/2010/02/canon-eos-550d-new-18-megapixel-dslr.html
>
> Looks nice, but a pity there's no swivel on the LCD. It will be
> interesting to see how their ISO 6400 images compare when the production
> reviews are released.

The problem with an articulated viewing screen on a professional, or
prosumer camera, is that at present it might not be strong enough to stand
up under the abuse that many put their cameras through. I am an equipment
abuser. My D300 is currently being repaired because I damaged it in use.
Fortunately I have two backups.

--
Peter