From: Peter Huebner on

If I understand right what I've been reading in various reviews and
guides, cameras like the D60 or D200 will display a little 'in focus'
light in the viewfinder when you're using manual focussing, even when
using unrelated manual lenses with an adapter (one guy was talking about
using his Leica lenses that way).

I've gleaned little indication if this will also work with cameras like
the 450D, the 500D or the 50D.

Can anyone confirm or deny? I'd rather know before I go out and buy
anything ;-)

cheers, -P.
From: Ofnuts on
On 12/02/2010 13:39, Peter Huebner wrote:

> If I understand right what I've been reading in various reviews and
> guides, cameras like the D60 or D200 will display a little 'in focus'
> light in the viewfinder when you're using manual focussing, even when
> using unrelated manual lenses with an adapter (one guy was talking about
> using his Leica lenses that way).
>
> I've gleaned little indication if this will also work with cameras like
> the 450D, the 500D or the 50D.
>
> Can anyone confirm or deny? I'd rather know before I go out and buy
> anything ;-)

At least on the 450D you also get the light. You will also have the beep
if the camera is set up thus.

--
Bertrand
From: Chris H. on
On 2/12/2010 7:39 AM, Peter Huebner wrote:

> If I understand right what I've been reading in various reviews and
> guides, cameras like the D60 or D200 will display a little 'in focus'
> light in the viewfinder when you're using manual focussing, even when
> using unrelated manual lenses with an adapter (one guy was talking about
> using his Leica lenses that way).
>
> I've gleaned little indication if this will also work with cameras like
> the 450D, the 500D or the 50D.
>
> Can anyone confirm or deny? I'd rather know before I go out and buy
> anything ;-)
>
> cheers, -P.

Works just fine on my 50D, and as noted by Ofnuts there is a beep as
well if its turned on (which mine is).
From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
Peter Huebner <no.one(a)this.address> wrote:

> I've gleaned little indication if this will also work with cameras like
> the 450D, the 500D or the 50D.

Only with lenses (or adapters) that have a chip and talk to
the camera, AIUI.

-Wolfgang
From: Ray Fischer on
Wolfgang Weisselberg <ozcvgtt02(a)sneakemail.com> wrote:
>Peter Huebner <no.one(a)this.address> wrote:
>
>> I've gleaned little indication if this will also work with cameras like
>> the 450D, the 500D or the 50D.
>
>Only with lenses (or adapters) that have a chip and talk to
>the camera, AIUI.

Incorrect. Focus is determined by the camera and does not involve the
lens.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net