From: Bubba on
It's on clearance and has a CMOS sensor the same size as the Canon
SX20 and the Nikon Coolpix P100. I watched a review on Videopia, which
reminded consumers that Casio's sensors and lens glass aren't top
quality. On the other hand--it's a point and shoot with the same
sensor and is on clearance.

I don't use still cameras to shoot video, and I know this camera's
schtick is high speed video (I don't even know what high speed video
is). Anyway, I searched this forum, and no one has ever discussed it.
I'd appreciate knowing what it's like from anyone who may have it.
From: Chrlz on
On May 5, 7:50 pm, Bubba <digitalr...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> It's on clearance and has a CMOS sensor the same size as the Canon
> SX20 and the Nikon Coolpix P100. I watched a review on Videopia, which
> reminded consumers that Casio's sensors and lens glass aren't top
> quality. On the other hand--it's a point and shoot with the same
> sensor and is on clearance.
>
> I don't use still cameras to shoot video, and I know this camera's
> schtick is high speed video (I don't even know what high speed video
> is). Anyway, I searched this forum, and no one has ever discussed it.
> I'd appreciate knowing what it's like from anyone who may have it.

Er, you mean *CASIO* EX-FH20?

Can't really say - I presume you have seen this:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2009/05/01/Casio-Exilim-EX-FH20/p1
That site tends to review fairly kindly, so I would use a small pinch
of salt. It may not be as bad as some Casio's I've seen - flippantly
I'd say that if you don't mind noisy images, a fair bit of CA and
image softness at the extremities of the zoom range, and if it's
really at a bargain price...

Oh, and if you are into manual settings, make sure you check if that
'manual' mode is a 'real' one..

PS, get the extended warranty...