From: davy on

Try doing a nozzle check followed by a deep clean?

davy

From: davy on

I would try removing the ink cartridges and then removing the print head
and 'try' cleaning the copper coloured looking contacts on the rear of
the print head, failing this it looks like a new print head is required,
these printers are well worth it I'd say.

The only thing to bear in mind is when the ink waste pad gets full, the
printer then will want a reset and a new waste pad, one other dodge here
is people have extended the tube feeding the waste pad and feeding a
waste bottle below the desk to catch all the cleaning flushes etc.

These print heads as opposed to piezo heads as used in Epson's for
example, basically you have a electric kettle for each pixel in the
print head that boils the ink... hence the term 'bubble jet', the ink
boils bursting the bubble and 'splatters' the paper in the correct
place. Sadly, these are not long life devices, just like a light bulb or
kettle element they will wear out with time.

One cleaning trick is to dab the head on a sponge moistened with warm
water and leave overnight, re insert the next day after drying by
dabbing on kitchen towel, refitting doing a deep clean and then trying
again.... there are many ways cleaning a print head and people will
have their own different method.

davy

From: Gene West on
rencaa wrote:
> Thank you. I did a deep cleaning and nozzle check again(I already did).
> All the colours are perfect, yellow too but the yellow line is half
> compared to the others!
> I really can't understand what is the problem with yellow!
> If somedbody has an idea please help! I don't want to by a new printer,
> I used this one not so much.

Sounds like a problem that I had with a black head on my Canon 4000. My
black only printing had a white band also much like you are describing.
I tried cleaning multiple times with different approaches, all to no
avail. I played with various modes with the draft and normal modes
obtaining the same problem. I worked on putting my printer into a mode
where it printed with the good half only and I got it to work but very
slow. The mode (I can't remember) was something like Hi Res paper and
photo. I believe it was put into a unidirectional scan (probably 4
swipes) which used the good portion of my head.

My analysis is that 1/2 the head is used for one direction and the other
half for the reverse direction. Don't know the algorithms of the Canon S/W

I finally took a chance on it being the print head and purchased a new
one for about $55 and now it works as new.

I don't know how the original head failed, but it did.

Hope this helps,
Geneo
From: rencaa on

Mickey, exactly. It looks like when the carriage goes on the right, it
prints the yellow band, but, when it comes back it doesn't. That's so
strange. I tried with hot water for some minutes, tried with special
cleaning liquid, did deep cleaning but nothing. I'll try with davy's tip
too tomorrow...
I left Epson because the ink dried in the pipe, but Canon doesn't seem
better...

From: davy on

If cleaning fluid didn't work I doubt anything else will.... I could be
wrong

> it prints the yellow band, but, when it comes back it doesn't It would use the same nozzles no matter which direction the head
travels, only the sequence from the nozzles would be different.... are
the matrixing driver chips in the head -anyone-? Not sure on the Canon,
and I have a IP5000!

I'd be probably trying the head in another printer.... or trying a
known good one if at all possible.

davy