From: rencaa on

First of all sorry for my english, I'm italian.
SUddenly my IP5000 started printing yellow missing one band.
I mean: if I print a yellow page test, it prints one yellow band, one
white one, one yellow band, one white one... and so on
I made quite all kind of cleaning with no results.:(
Any suggestions?
Thank you so much in advance!

From: Paul Heslop on
rencaa wrote:

> First of all sorry for my english, I'm italian.
> SUddenly my IP5000 started printing yellow missing one band.
> I mean: if I print a yellow page test, it prints one yellow band, one
> white one, one yellow band, one white one... and so on
> I made quite all kind of cleaning with no results.:(
> Any suggestions?
> Thank you so much in advance!

yeah, sounds like a good old clog. run a few cleaning cycles first to
see if it clears.

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
From: mickey on
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 02:10:57 -0800, rencaa
<rencaa.47gh8q(a)no.email.invalid> wrote:

> First of all sorry for my english, I'm italian.
> SUddenly my IP5000 started printing yellow missing one band.
> I mean: if I print a yellow page test, it prints one yellow band, one
> white one, one yellow band, one white one... and so on
> I made quite all kind of cleaning with no results.:(
> Any suggestions?
> Thank you so much in advance!

Your English is OK. But do have a question for clarification. Need to
understand your meaning of "band". The printer prints in both
directions. There are many nozzles for each color. Each pass prints
about 12mm wide strip/band. Are you saying you are seeing the white
stripes closely spaced like a nozzle was blocked or you are seeing the
wide 12mm bands with alternating bands of yellow and white, like the
printer was not printing when the carriage moves in one direction but
prints in the other direction?

Answers would be different depending upon meaning of "band"
--
Mickey
From: Arthur Entlich on
I have a compiled manual of suggestions for cleaning head clogs for
Canon inkjet printers. It may or my not resolve the problem your
printer is showing.

The manual is free of charge; just email me and ask for the Canon head
cleaning manual.

Email me at:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

From: rencaa on

Thank you. I did a deep cleaning and nozzle check again(I already did).
All the colours are perfect, yellow too but the yellow line is half
compared to the others!
I really can't understand what is the problem with yellow!
If somedbody has an idea please help! I don't want to by a new printer,
I used this one not so much.