From: Baphomet on
Hello. Thank you in advance for anyone who may be able to assist me.

My girlfriend's got a Canon MP130 that she's had for a couple of years.
Recently it started feeding paper crookedly and then chewing it up. She
found a piece of paper caught inside and removed it... but now the red
Alarm light is flashing non-stop and the display screen reads "CHECK
INK TANK".

There's nothing in any documentation that I can find about this
message. The only thing I can find online is in a thread on some site
about cleaning waste ink tanks, but no one answered the inquiry about
this particular error, so I have no idea if it's related somehow.

Does anyone know what this error means and what we can do about it?

Again, thanking you for your time.

From: Baphomet on

Baphomet wrote:
> Hello. Thank you in advance for anyone who may be able to assist me.
>
> My girlfriend's got a Canon MP130 that she's had for a couple of years.
> Recently it started feeding paper crookedly and then chewing it up. She
> found a piece of paper caught inside and removed it... but now the red
> Alarm light is flashing non-stop and the display screen reads "CHECK
> INK TANK".
>
> There's nothing in any documentation that I can find about this
> message. The only thing I can find online is in a thread on some site
> about cleaning waste ink tanks, but no one answered the inquiry about
> this particular error, so I have no idea if it's related somehow.
>
> Does anyone know what this error means and what we can do about it?
>
> Again, thanking you for your time.

I should say, it's a Canon PIXMA MP130.

From: Arthur Entlich on
I will admit to being relatively ignorant of Canon printers, but it is
possible there are two separate issues here, and the first one may be
resolved (the paper transport issue). I would, for a moment, trust the
printer and look to the ink tanks and see if something is perhaps not
installed fully, or the ink tank is empty of ink, or some other problem.

If you have another ink tank, perhaps test it with that.

Art

From: Baphomet on
Arthur Entlich wrote:
> I will admit to being relatively ignorant of Canon printers, but it is
> possible there are two separate issues here, and the first one may be
> resolved (the paper transport issue). I would, for a moment, trust the
> printer and look to the ink tanks and see if something is perhaps not
> installed fully, or the ink tank is empty of ink, or some other problem.
>
> If you have another ink tank, perhaps test it with that.
>
> Art

Thanks for the suggestion. We've replaced the ink tank and still get
the same message. There may still be some paper inside the printer
somewhere, but we sure can't get to it, if there is.

I guess we're taking the printer into the shop...

Pages: 1
Prev: Question re Canon iP1500
Next: Printheads