From: Mary on
Hi, I have a Canon iP1500 for the last year and so far its been working
fine till last week.
Its more of an all purpose printer and not a great printer but OK for
me. Last week, I got a
new color cart, Staples brand which I use and it has always printed
photos fine. But they had a
little too much pink in them and some were a bit dark. Not terrible, but
I've printed the same photos previously, and they were better before.
I went back to Staples with the color cart and got a Canon color cart.
But photos have an even more pink cast to them. I tried several
cleanings and it says "waste ink absorber is almost full, press Resume
button". It said this when I got the Staples new cart as well. I also
notice after
printing quite a few photos, that the ink level still shows full which
should be down a little by now.
I don't know if the cart is the problem, though seems unlikely, or is
blue and yellow clogged up in the printer? I cleaned the printer as much
as I could taking out the printhead and cleaning it gently,
according to suggestions I saw on this NG, but nothing helped. Is my
printer finished?

MaryW

From: Davy on
The paper and ink type will have a lot to do with the 'greyscale', if
you print a b&w picture you'll find some paper brands will have a
purple cast and some with a greeny cast, same when you change ink
brands and printing on Canon paper for example, this tends to
colourise a coloured photograph.

You may be able to counteract this somewhat in the printer's driver
window, I have a ip5000 if like mine go to the printer and right
click Canon, click printing preferances, clicking colour management
to manual and then click set where a window will open and there you
will be able to set the individual colours.

For some pictures the Canon likes to have the ICM box ticked and the
intensity control set to +10, you'll get to this in the above setting
- if like mine.

Your aim is to get a decent b&w greyscale as it's called then the
you'll rid that colour cast, this means experimenting with different
brands of ink and paper if other than Canon.

One question you could ask is what ink's and paper gives a decent
'output' other than OEM, stay 'tuned' and you may get some useful
advice in this respect.

Davy

From: measekite on

Mary wrote:

>Hi, I have a Canon iP1500 for the last year and so far its been working
>fine till last week.
>Its more of an all purpose printer and not a great printer but OK for
>me. Last week, I got a
>new color cart, Staples brand which I use and it has always printed
>photos fine. But they had a
>little too much pink in them and some were a bit dark. Not terrible, but
>I've printed the same photos previously, and they were better before.
>I went back to Staples with the color cart and got a Canon color cart.
>But photos have an even more pink cast to them. I tried several
>cleanings and it says "waste ink absorber is almost full, press Resume
>button". It said this when I got the Staples new cart as well. I also
>notice after
>printing quite a few photos, that the ink level still shows full which
>should be down a little by now.
>I don't know if the cart is the problem, though seems unlikely, or is
>blue and yellow clogged up in the printer? I cleaned the printer as much
>as I could taking out the printhead and cleaning it gently,
>according to suggestions I saw on this NG, but nothing helped. Is my
>printer finished?
>
>MaryW

YOU FURTHER COMPLICATED YOUR PIECE OF TRASH PRINTER BY PUTTING IN A
GREATER PIECE OF TRASH INK AND YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVED. IF YOU FEEL
YOU LEARNED YOUR LESSON THEN GO OUT AND BUY A CANON IP5200.
From: Mary on
"measekite" <inkystinky(a)oem.com> wrote in message

> Mary wrote:
>
> >Hi, I have a Canon iP1500 for the last year and so far its been
working
> >fine till last week.
> >Its more of an all purpose printer and not a great printer but OK for
> >me. Last week, I got a
> >new color cart, Staples brand which I use and it has always printed
> >photos fine. But they had a
> >little too much pink in them and some were a bit dark. Not terrible,
but
> >I've printed the same photos previously, and they were better before.
> >I went back to Staples with the color cart and got a Canon color
cart.
> >But photos have an even more pink cast to them. I tried several
> >cleanings and it says "waste ink absorber is almost full, press
Resume
> >button". It said this when I got the Staples new cart as well. I also
> >notice after
> >printing quite a few photos, that the ink level still shows full
which
> >should be down a little by now.
> >I don't know if the cart is the problem, though seems unlikely, or is
> >blue and yellow clogged up in the printer? I cleaned the printer as
much
> >as I could taking out the printhead and cleaning it gently,
> >according to suggestions I saw on this NG, but nothing helped. Is my
> >printer finished?
> >
> >MaryW
> >

> YOU FURTHER COMPLICATED YOUR PIECE OF TRASH PRINTER BY PUTTING IN A
> GREATER PIECE OF TRASH INK AND YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVED. IF YOU FEEL
> YOU LEARNED YOUR LESSON THEN GO OUT AND BUY A CANON IP5200.

What kind of newsgroup is this? I came for some help for a printing
problem, not for some jerk to insult me. And is your caps lock key
stuck? Don't you know it means shouting and is bad netiquette? Don't
bother replying if this is your best advice.

Mary

From: Mary on
"Davy" <no(a)spam.invalid> wrote in message
> The paper and ink type will have a lot to do with the 'greyscale', if
> you print a b&w picture you'll find some paper brands will have a
> purple cast and some with a greeny cast, same when you change ink
> brands and printing on Canon paper for example, this tends to
> colourise a coloured photograph.

I don't print b&w photos. But I am using Kodak photo paper for my Canon
printer. I always used Kodak double sided semi-gloss photo paper with
Staples brand carts and photos printed were always ok.

> You may be able to counteract this somewhat in the printer's driver
> window, I have a ip5000 if like mine go to the printer and right
> click Canon, click printing preferances, clicking colour management
> to manual and then click set where a window will open and there you
> will be able to set the individual colours.

On my printer, color adjustment can be set in another area. Not under
colour management.
When I put a jpg on the screen and click on print then Properties, under
Main Tab there is a setting Automatic or Manual and you can set for
Manual and there are color adjustments you can make for magenta,blue and
yellow. I could try reducing magenta and see if that reduces the pinkish
cast on my colour photos.

> For some pictures the Canon likes to have the ICM box ticked and the
> intensity control set to +10, you'll get to this in the above setting
> - if like mine.

There is an ICM box ticked in the same area where the colour adjustments
are, but by default its not checked so didn't put a check there as I
don't know what its for.

> Your aim is to get a decent b&w greyscale as it's called then the
> you'll rid that colour cast, this means experimenting with different
> brands of ink and paper if other than Canon.

I am not sure what you mean by greyscale. I only know greyscale is for
b&w photos.

> One question you could ask is what ink's and paper gives a decent
> 'output' other than OEM, stay 'tuned' and you may get some useful
> advice in this respect.
>
> Davy

I wonder if the printer has a problem, because of the message "waste ink
absorber is almost full, press Resume button". I've never seen that
message before. Also, I've used same Staples cart and Kodak photo paper
and my prints were always OK with no pinkish cast till now. I only
tried Canon cartridge to see if my photos still had the same pinkish
cast as they had with the Staples brand cart, which it did.
Thanks for your suggestions.

MaryW