From: Robinb on
Hello

I have a MP630 canon printer. I want to set the printing default properties
for "fast" and "greyscale". Does anyone know how I do that?

At the moment every time I change it from default to those above, it changes
back again next time I print a doc. The default setting is "standard" print
and in colour. My former Canon printer was able to keep the settings from
the previous print job.

Thanks

Robin

From: Tony on
"Robinb" <robinb222(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>Hello
>
>I have a MP630 canon printer. I want to set the printing default properties
>for "fast" and "greyscale". Does anyone know how I do that?
>
>At the moment every time I change it from default to those above, it changes
>back again next time I print a doc. The default setting is "standard" print
>and in colour. My former Canon printer was able to keep the settings from
>the previous print job.
>
>Thanks
>
>Robin

Robin
You need to make the changes in the driver interface, not when you print a
document!
When you go to print a document and change the printer preferences, that change
does not apply to the next print job.
Open the printers applet in control panel, right click on the printer and set
the preferences to whatever you need to be default. This will "stick" for all
print jobs unless you select different preferences for a particular document.
Tony

From: Robinb on
Fabulous. Thanks Tony.