From: Raoul Watson on
Peter Black wrote:
> I know this is really a problem for Canon support, but the camera was
> discontinued some time ago and Canon has washed their hands of both me
> and the camera. The computer is a Hewlet Packard Invent 530, Windows
> XP operating system with 40 gigabytes free. Two gigabytes main
> memory. I have the installation CD for tht camera. The chief feature
> of the camera is the WiFi feature. The camera sends what it "sees"
> through the view finder to the laptop; I can watch in real time, then
> click the shutter release on the camera from the remote laptop.
>
> This was working properly until I uninstalled the camera software from
> the computer. When I attempt to re-install the software, the computer
> tells me it is already installed and aborts the installation. Does
> anyone have any idea how I should proceed?

If you are comfortable enough: run regEdit and look under hkey local
machine/software and see if you have an entry for "Canon" and nuke it.
From: harkawy on
On Dec 22, 6:08 pm, Peter Black <n...(a)none.us> wrote:
> Now I will finish the reply (blush)
>
> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:21:02 -0000, "meerkat"
>

> <wait...(a)meerkatmanor.com> wrote:
>
> >"Peter Black" <n...(a)none.us> wrote in message
> >>I know this is really a problem for Canon support, but the camera was
> >> discontinued some time ago and Canon has washed their hands of both me
> >> and the camera.  The computer is a Hewlet Packard Invent 530, Windows
> >> XP operating system with 40 gigabytes free.  Two gigabytes main
> >> memory.  I have the installation CD for tht camera.  The chief feature
> >> of the camera is the WiFi feature.  The camera sends what it "sees"
> >> through the view finder to the laptop; I can watch in real time, then
> >> click the shutter release on the camera from the remote laptop.
>
> >> This was working properly until I uninstalled the camera software from
> >> the computer.  When I attempt to re-install the software, the computer
> >> tells me it is already installed and aborts the installation.  Does
> >> anyone have any idea how I should proceed?
>
> >Assuming you Uninstalled the software for the camera correctly,
> >it sounds as tho` some entries were left in the Registry.
>
> >You`ll have to go into the Registry, and remove any/all references to
> >the camera.
>
> >Restart the machine, and try again to install the software.
>
> >bw..
>
> I used the Windows XP 'Add/Remove software' section of the 'Control
> Panel' and have tried removing all Canon software (crazy ideas we
> get).  Also searched the registry for for all occurences of SD430 and
> again for 'Canon' removing all associated entries.
>
> No joy.

Start, My Computer, Drive C:/, Documents and Settings, Owner,
Application Data,
Check for any programs that are for the Canon and delete them.
Good luck.

BTW, I use free program "Revo Uninstaller" (http://
www.revouninstaller.com) to uninstall programs from my computer. It
uses the default uninstall program and then searches the Registry and
hard drive for related items and removes them too.
From: sandy58 on
On Dec 22, 9:07 pm, Peter Black <n...(a)none.us> wrote:
> I know this is really a problem for Canon support, but the camera was
> discontinued some time ago and Canon has washed their hands of both me
> and the camera.  The computer is a Hewlet Packard Invent 530, Windows
> XP operating system with 40 gigabytes free.  Two gigabytes main
> memory.  I have the installation CD for tht camera.  The chief feature
> of the camera is the WiFi feature.  The camera sends what it "sees"
> through the view finder to the laptop; I can watch in real time, then
> click the shutter release on the camera from the remote laptop.
>
> This was working properly until I uninstalled the camera software from
> the computer.  When I attempt to re-install the software, the computer
> tells me it is already installed and aborts the installation.  Does
> anyone have any idea how I should proceed?

c:\windows/prefetch ?