From: Michael Johnson on
phineaspaine(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> <snip>
> If you think you need a new printhead, look on eBay and search for
> QY6-0049. That's the part no. you'll need. About US$40, and worth it
> if the rest of the printer is still in good working order. The i860/
> i865 has still-decent resolution, and 3rd party inks are very cheap
> for this model (see BCI-3eBK and BCI-6 at www.idiya-solutions.com).

If a new print head is needed this is a good place to buy from:
http://www.precisionroller.com/find/canon_i865_print_head.htm
They have good service and decent prices. I have bought various items
from them and been more than satisfied.

From: measekite on

Michael Johnson wrote:
> phineaspaine(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>> <snip>
>> If you think you need a new printhead, look on eBay and search for
>> QY6-0049. That's the part no. you'll need. About US$40, and
NOT
>> worth it
because for a little more than double the price you can move up 3 or 4
generations of technology in Canon printer line,

Here is what you get.

1. 4 Generations of technology
2. a warranty
3. a full set of Canon ink carts with the new advanced ink formulation
4. a print duplexer
5. twin paper input trays

From: Frank on
measekite wrote: