From: Edward W. Thompson on
I have just installed Windows 7 x64 and am looking for drivers for my
CanoScan N650U, No luck to date.

I have installed Vuescan which allows the scanner to function and I
can use an OCR program to go from jpg to doc, however I am accustomed
to use Abbyy Scan to Office which requires the scanner to be installed
with its own drivers (WIA does not work). Any solutions? I doubt
that Canon will produce 64 bit driver for this scanner.
From: CSM1 on
Edward W. Thompson <thomeduk1(a)btinternet.com> wrote in

> I have just installed Windows 7 x64 and am looking for drivers for my
> CanoScan N650U, No luck to date.
>
> I have installed Vuescan which allows the scanner to function and I
> can use an OCR program to go from jpg to doc, however I am accustomed
> to use Abbyy Scan to Office which requires the scanner to be installed
> with its own drivers (WIA does not work). Any solutions? I doubt
> that Canon will produce 64 bit driver for this scanner.

You are correct, there are no drivers for the Canoscan N650U in Windows 7
or Vista 64.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com