From: Nigel Feltham on
Kirk wrote:

> Does anyone know of someone who does repair work on the older Nikon
> LS-2000 scanner? kirk.bristol(a)gmail.com

It may help if you post the symptoms of the fault here - for example is it a
problem with fuzzy images (indicating dirty optics) or is the scanner
making clicking noises or failing to initialise (with front LED flashing)
which would indicate problems with dried lubrication?

Either of these faults can be repaired by yourself if you are careful,
cleaning instructions can be found on several websites such as :-

http://www.vad1.com/photo/dirty-scanner/ls2000-cleaning/

These instructions are for cleaning the optics - for lubrication problems
you'll need to use an alcohol based cleaner to remove all old grease from
the rails both sides and apply new grease.

From: Barry Watzman on
I repair those (Nikon LS-30 and LS-2000 scanners). Have been doing so
for years, done hundreds of them, advertise on E-Bay but it's ok to
contact me directly also.

Barry Watzman
Watzman(a)neo.rr.com