From: TKM on
For some reason when I try to move my emails from the inbox to my .pst folder
I receive this error...cant move items I dont have the approiate permissions.

I have 75GB free space on server, the email size is is only one or two
lines. This happend on another users laptop and I was able to fix by moving
..pst to desktop and back then rebooting. For some reason this does not work.
I emptied delete box also.

Ideas?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"TKM" <TKM(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> For some reason when I try to move my emails from the inbox to my .pst
> folder
> I receive this error...cant move items I dont have the approiate
> permissions.
>
> I have 75GB free space on server, the email size is is only one or two
> lines. This happend on another users laptop and I was able to fix by moving
> .pst to desktop and back then rebooting. For some reason this does not work.
> I emptied delete box also.

PSTs don't belong on network shares. It's not supported and can ruin the PST.

Where is your Inbox, if not in a PST already?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: neo on
What version of Microsoft Outlook are you using?

How big is the .PST file?

If using Outlook 2003 or later, is the .PST file a carry over from an
earlier version of Outlook and/or is the .PST file in the Outlook 97/2002
format or the new format that allows for an overall file size greater than
2GB.

Oh and almost forgot... if the file is located on a network drive (which
Microsoft does not support), does your IT group implement any type of
restrictions (e.g. can't save more than "X" MBytes/GBytes, can't save
certain file types, .etc)?