From: Will Fleenor on
I want to move data from another database to Outlook. I currently have 33
user defined fields. How many user defined fields are available in Outlook
2007?
Thanks, Will Fleenor

From: Karl Timmermans on
Not sure what the max is for UDFs (or even if there is one) but from a
practical standpoint, if there is a max - it's far greater than can be
reasonably managed for a single Outlook item and greatly exceeds 33. One
item everyone should keep in the back of their mind is the total number of
fields associated with (actually used in/for) a single item (including both
standard and user-defined fields) should this information ever need to be
exported. There are very defined "single record" limits for different
export file types (255 fields in a record is one such magic number).

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com