From: Ian Gregory on
I have a late 2009 iMac with Bluetooth keyboard. A few minutes ago I
accidentally hit caps lock and noticed that although my typing was
producing capitals, the green LED on the key was not illuminated. I
tried toggling it a few times and still no light. When I pressed the
power key on the keyboard it started working again.

Anyone else had to "reboot" their keyboard?

Ian

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/
From: Mike Lane on
Ian Gregory wrote on Jul 23, 2010:

> I have a late 2009 iMac with Bluetooth keyboard. A few minutes ago I
> accidentally hit caps lock and noticed that although my typing was
> producing capitals, the green LED on the key was not illuminated. I
> tried toggling it a few times and still no light. When I pressed the
> power key on the keyboard it started working again.
>
> Anyone else had to "reboot" their keyboard?

Yes, the same thing started happening with my�wireless keyboard, but I don't
think it was actually anything to do with the wireless side of the system
since I tried connecting a normal wired keyboard and the same thing
happened. What triggered it in my case was pressing the shift key twice in
quick succession. It wasn't just a 'caps lock' as every key was shifted.

Eventually in desperation I reinstalled the entire system with the aid of
Time Machine and that cured it

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

From: John Varela on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 16:56:15 UTC, Mike Lane
<mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:

> Ian Gregory wrote on Jul 23, 2010:
>
> > I have a late 2009 iMac with Bluetooth keyboard. A few minutes ago I
> > accidentally hit caps lock and noticed that although my typing was
> > producing capitals, the green LED on the key was not illuminated. I
> > tried toggling it a few times and still no light. When I pressed the
> > power key on the keyboard it started working again.
> >
> > Anyone else had to "reboot" their keyboard?
> >
> Yes, the same thing started happening with my�wireless keyboard, but I don't
> think it was actually anything to do with the wireless side of the system
> since I tried connecting a normal wired keyboard and the same thing
> happened. What triggered it in my case was pressing the shift key twice in
> quick succession. It wasn't just a 'caps lock' as every key was shifted.
>
> Eventually in desperation I reinstalled the entire system with the aid of
> Time Machine and that cured it

I have a wired keyboard and every once in a long while the caps lock
light gets reversed. That is, the light is on when caps lock is off
and vice versa. I don't know what triggers it. The phonomenon
doesn't last long, and I don't know what corrects it.

--
John Varela
From: Fred McKenzie on
In article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-BCsl6gGHR7pL(a)localhost>,
"John Varela" <newlamps(a)verizon.net> wrote:

> I have a wired keyboard and every once in a long while the caps lock
> light gets reversed. That is, the light is on when caps lock is off
> and vice versa. I don't know what triggers it. The phonomenon
> doesn't last long, and I don't know what corrects it.

John-

Check your Bluetooth System Preference. Is it possible someone nearby
has a wireless keyboard that your computer is paired with?

Fred
From: John Varela on
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 01:45:34 UTC, Fred McKenzie <fmmck(a)aol.com>
wrote:

> In article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-BCsl6gGHR7pL(a)localhost>,
> "John Varela" <newlamps(a)verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > I have a wired keyboard and every once in a long while the caps lock
> > light gets reversed. That is, the light is on when caps lock is off
> > and vice versa. I don't know what triggers it. The phonomenon
> > doesn't last long, and I don't know what corrects it.
>
> John-
>
> Check your Bluetooth System Preference. Is it possible someone nearby
> has a wireless keyboard that your computer is paired with?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have Bluetooth turned on.

--
John Varela