From: Iain on
Hi,

I have a capturing problem on my machine with capturing from a DV camera.
The problem occurs when capturing in 'Windows Movie Maker', the machine will
remotely access the camera and begin playback but the preview Window appears
to have a mosaic effect on it. The captured footage has the same fault. The
system is using Service Pack 2.
I have also hooked up another hard drive to this machine containing Windows
XP Service Pack 1, this works perfectly and the fault evident in Service Pack
2 is not evident here. It seems to be an SP2 issue.

Can anyone offer any ideas as to the possible problem? I include a full
machine SPEC below:

Pentium Dual Core 2X3.2Ghz
512MB DDR
128MB Ati Radeon X300
Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA
Windows XP Home (inc Sp2)
Seperate IEE1394 card

Thanks,

Iain
From: Cari (MS-MVP) on
Did you try changing the firewire cable?
www.coribright.com/Windows

From: Iain on
Hi,

Thanks for the response. Yes I had tried a different firewire cable and
this had no effect. I have since found a solution on the Microsoft Website,
it is a fix for capturing via firewire under Windows XP Service Pack 2. The
fix is: windowsxp-kb893008-x86-enu. I have installed the patch and it has
resolved the issue.

If anyone else has the same problem, I would suggest the above fix.

Best Regards,

Iain.