From: jfdebaron on
Hello All over the World,

This is no spam. Whe are friends from Holland and whe life in the North

of the netherlands.
Our carbide cannon is now better then better. Whe have rebuild the
cannon.
On 31 dec 2006 whe are going the shoot in our city.
Look on our video's and photo's on www.carbidkanon.com and please write

in our geustbook.

Crew S.C.K.

From: sirkituk on

On Dec 9, 11:35 am, jfdeba...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Hello All over the World,
>
> This is no spam. Whe are friends from Holland and whe life in the North
>
> of the netherlands.
> Our carbide cannon is now better then better. Whe have rebuild the
> cannon.
> On 31 dec 2006 whe are going the shoot in our city.
> Look on our video's and photo's onwww.carbidkanon.comand please write
>
> in our geustbook.
>
> Crew S.C.K.

Your site doesn't seem to work!

From: Homer J Simpson on

<sirkituk(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> Your site doesn't seem to work!

Seems OK

http://www.carbidkanon.com/

From: Apostrophe Police on
On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 03:35:32 -0800, jfdebaron wrote:

> Hello All over the World,
>
> This is no spam. Whe are friends from Holland and whe life in the North
>
> of the netherlands.
> Our carbide cannon is now better then better. Whe have rebuild the
> cannon.
> On 31 dec 2006 whe are going the shoot in our city.
> Look on our video's and photo's on www.carbidkanon.com and please write
>
> in our geustbook.

In English class, did they tell you that plurals should be aprostrophized,
or is that a Dutch thing?

Because they were wrong, if they were teaching English - I don't know the
Dutch convention.

In English, plurals normally have no apostrophe, except for _some_
acronyms, abbreviations, and so on, generally determined by pronunciation,
usage, and legibility.

Other than that, looks like fun! ;-)

Cheers!
--
Rich Grise, Self-Appointed Chief,
Apostrophe Police

From: petrus bitbyter on

"Apostrophe Police" <apopol(a)example.net> schreef in bericht
> On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 03:35:32 -0800, jfdebaron wrote:
>
>> Hello All over the World,
>>
>> This is no spam. Whe are friends from Holland and whe life in the North
>>
>> of the netherlands.
>> Our carbide cannon is now better then better. Whe have rebuild the
>> cannon.
>> On 31 dec 2006 whe are going the shoot in our city.
>> Look on our video's and photo's on www.carbidkanon.com and please write
>>
>> in our geustbook.
>>

> In English class, did they tell you that plurals should be aprostrophized,
> or is that a Dutch thing?
>
> Because they were wrong, if they were teaching English - I don't know the
> Dutch convention.
>
> In English, plurals normally have no apostrophe, except for _some_
> acronyms, abbreviations, and so on, generally determined by pronunciation,
> usage, and legibility.
>
> Other than that, looks like fun! ;-)
>
> Cheers!
> --
> Rich Grise, Self-Appointed Chief,
> Apostrophe Police

It's not. Dutch plurals are formed by adding an 's' or 'en' most of the
times. (Hope the aprostrophs are well placed.) Apostrophes are used to
prevent the need to write to successive letters 's' on some occasions.
For example speaking about the book of John and the one of Chris you have to
write Johns book and Chris' book.

I can't speak for the OP of course, but I like to learn. Sometimes it's a
pitty nobody marks my texts anymore. :)

petrus bitbyter

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2