From: Joshua Cranmer on
On 04/20/2010 05:11 AM, invalidmasonc(a)invalid.invalid wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:44:45 +1000, dorayme<dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au>
> wrote:
>

>> What greek?
>
> Lorem ipsum iisque utroque maiestatis et mea, nec et solum modus
> copiosae, quo evertitur posidonium intellegebat in. Vis platonem
> abhorreant no, cu simul virtute sapientem sit. Duo eu erant
> prodesset persequeris, facer doming gloriatur mel id, ea ius ubique
> offendit signiferumque. Ea vis dicam tantas labores, has cu congue
> scripserit.

That's Latin, not Greek.

tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Joshua Cranmer wrote:

> invalidmasonc(a)invalid.invalid wrote:
>> dorayme<dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>>> What greek?
>>
>> Lorem ipsum iisque utroque maiestatis et mea, nec et solum modus
>> copiosae, quo evertitur posidonium intellegebat in. Vis platonem
>> abhorreant no, cu simul virtute sapientem sit. Duo eu erant
>> prodesset persequeris, facer doming gloriatur mel id, ea ius ubique
>> offendit signiferumque. Ea vis dicam tantas labores, has cu congue
>> scripserit.
>
> That's Latin, not Greek.

Actually, it's 'greeking.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

--
-bts
-Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit.
From: dorayme on
In article <slrnhsobkq.3qm.spamspam(a)bowser.marioworld>,
Ben C <spamspam(a)spam.eggs> wrote:

> On 2010-04-19, shapper <mdmoura(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is it possible to create a page with centered contend where the margin
> > on the right has a different background color of the margin on the
> > left?
> >
> > Any idea how to accomplish this?
>
> Margins are always transparent, so just give the thing the box is on
> top of a sort of harlequin background (either fill it with a couple of
> divs with different colours, or use a vertically repeating image).

Or in the spirit of idly whittling a piece of wood with no
particular real context in mind:

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/whittling.html>

--
dorayme
From: shapper on
On Apr 19, 11:21 am, Ben C <spams...(a)spam.eggs> wrote:
> On 2010-04-19, shapper <mdmo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > Is it possible to create a page with centered contend where the margin
> > on the right has a different background color of the margin on the
> > left?
>
> > Any idea how to accomplish this?
>
> Margins are always transparent, so just give the thing the box is on
> top of a sort of harlequin background (either fill it with a couple of
> divs with different colours, or use a vertically repeating image).

I think I didn't explained myself well or maybe I am understanding
your explanation.

Basically, I want to have a center div with the content.

The page background on the left of that div would be red and the page
background on the right of that div would be black.
The content div background would be white. Something like:

RED CONTENT(White BK) BLACK

From: Johannes Koch on
shapper schrieb:

> Basically, I want to have a center div with the content.
>
> The page background on the left of that div would be red and the page
> background on the right of that div would be black.
> The content div background would be white. Something like:
>
> RED CONTENT(White BK) BLACK

And what do you expect, if the canvas is higher than the content with
white background?

--
Johannes Koch
(Te Deum, 4th cent.)