From: Jeff Thies on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Jeff Thies wrote:
>
>> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

>>> So, what have *you* tried? What did work, what did not work, how and
>>> where?
>> Equal height columns has been extensively written about here. Shapper
>> should know that. There's several different ways of going about this,
>> and the choice depends on both the design, and the experience of the
>> author.
>>
>> I, myself, usually use javascript to pad the div bottoms so they are
>> all equal. Most here would use a non js means and those can be complex
>> for true equal multi column or simple for instances where one column or
>> two are known to be shorter. It's all been discussed before. Nothing new
>> to see, move along folks.
>
> How very eloquent of you. But based on that reasoning one could leave this
> newsgroup to the Google Groups (or whatever) archives, and I am not willing
> to support that just yet. My question was not for you to reply to anyway
> (and yes, I know it is a newsgroup, that does not change the fact).

You are a relative newcomer here, I have, of course, seen you
elsewhere.

Shapper should know this, that he doesn't may mean that our time now
is being wasted, but you probably already knew that! Just a caution,
is all... I get the feeling he is not doing his part.

Regards,
Jeff

From: dorayme on
In article <hqntu7$2p5$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
Jeff Thies <jeff_thies(a)att.net> wrote:

> I get the feeling he is not doing his part

Schapper is a question machine who acknowledges little and gives
little away. We need folk like that to set puzzles for our
imagination. He is sent to earth here to trigger activity in
others in case these just sit and die from idleness.

--
dorayme
From: Jeff Thies on
dorayme wrote:
> In article <hqntu7$2p5$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
> Jeff Thies <jeff_thies(a)att.net> wrote:
>
>> I get the feeling he is not doing his part
>
> Schapper is a question machine who acknowledges little and gives
> little away. We need folk like that to set puzzles for our
> imagination. He is sent to earth here to trigger activity in
> others in case these just sit and die from idleness.

If it works for you, it's good enough for me.

Jeff