From: shapper on
Hello,

Is it possible to create a page with centered contend where the margin
on the right has a different background color of the margin on the
left?

Any idea how to accomplish this?

Thank You,
Miguel
From: Ben C on
On 2010-04-19, shapper <mdmoura(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to create a page with centered contend where the margin
> on the right has a different background color of the margin on the
> left?
>
> Any idea how to accomplish this?

Margins are always transparent, so just give the thing the box is on
top of a sort of harlequin background (either fill it with a couple of
divs with different colours, or use a vertically repeating image).
From: invalidmasonc on
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:33:59 +1000, dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>In article <ppops51svf67uvdjbkoedmabq30si80svn(a)4ax.com>,
> Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote:
>

>> ><http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/bicolourBgStrip.html>
>>
>> Sure the textual content is correct ?
>
>Are you talking truth of content or some problem with what I was
>trying to show in the layout?
>
>It is not mine, just grabbed for temporary purposes for text from
>London Review of Books, perhaps go read it there.

I commend you for your choice of greek but the colours are too garish.

MasonC
From: dorayme on
In article <46mqs55focd1j5sgrvnq095qi8bfl9kfu7(a)4ax.com>,
invalidmasonc(a)invalid.invalid wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:33:59 +1000, dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> >> Sure the textual content is correct ?
> >
> >Are you talking truth of content or some problem with what I was
> >trying to show in the layout?
> >
> >It is not mine, just grabbed for temporary purposes for text from
> >London Review of Books, perhaps go read it there.
>
> I commend you for your choice of greek but the colours are too garish.

You are back to your revised-under-pressure forged-email-address.
Please go back to a forged-email-address that starts with the
word mason as we agreed.

What greek? And I know you are just retaliating about the
colours! You are a deeply sensitive person.

Please adjust your monitor, there is just red and black and
white. Is that why you use garish colours yourself, it is all the
fault of your monitor and so, when you see normal plainish
colours, you get startled by the distortions on your solipsistic
set up? <g>

--
dorayme
From: Josiah Jenkins on
wrote:

>In article <ppops51svf67uvdjbkoedmabq30si80svn(a)4ax.com>,
> Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 07:50:03 +1000, dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >In article
>> ><36e3ecf5-1841-4405-a58b-90b63402e007(a)s9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com

>> >Didn't like the one I gave you before? How about
>> >
>> ><http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/bicolourmargins.html>
>> >
>> >?
>> >Or you may like another tactic that Ben has indicated:
>> >
>> ><http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/bicolourBgStrip.html>
>>
>> Sure the textual content is correct ?
>
>Are you talking truth of content or some problem with what I was
>trying to show in the layout?

No, just being a sm*rt*ss after admiring the quick fix to the problem.

>It is not mine, just grabbed for temporary purposes for text from
>London Review of Books, perhaps go read it there. In the snippet
>grabbed, the only thing I looked at was the use of h2 to show the
>name of the author. I changed the markup for this because it
>irritated me too much to see h2 being used merely to reduce the
>font size.

Q.
I see you used : <span>Joseph Stiglitz</span> to do so.

I tend to use <small></small> to get a similar effect.

Any comment on the rights or wrongs ?

--
http://www.ian-stewart.eu