From: kam311 on
Update: I put my CPU (identical one) in the new PC. Still nothing.
The CPU is about a year old and in perfect condition. I put the CPU
in question in my PC and it boots fine. I guess the issue must be
with the mobo. Any suggestions or ideas as to why it may not be
running post or beeping, know that it is the mobo? Thanks.

From: Bob M on
kam311 wrote:
> Update: I put my CPU (identical one) in the new PC. Still nothing.
> The CPU is about a year old and in perfect condition. I put the CPU
> in question in my PC and it boots fine. I guess the issue must be
> with the mobo. Any suggestions or ideas as to why it may not be
> running post or beeping, know that it is the mobo? Thanks.

Remove one of the memory chips and see if it will boot.

Bob
From: kam311 on
Tried that several times. One of the first things that came to mind,
anyway...no such luck.

From: JAD on
PSU voltage selector is set properly?

From: John P. Dearing on
kam311 wrote:
> I just purchased the Barebones kit from TigerDirect with the Chaintech
> 7NJL6 mobo(w/ AMD Athlon XP 3000+) and added a 250GB HD, 1GB PC3200 +
> 512MB PC3200 RAM with a Chaintech GeForce FX 6600 video card. It has
> a 500watt modular PSU, but it will not boot. It powers on and the
> fans all spin, but there is no display at all. The memory is firmly
> seated and I have tried disconnecting everything but the memory and
> video card, but still it doesn't display. Any ideas? Thanks.

There have been several reports (here and elsewhere) of a large number
of failures with the Chaintech 7NJL6 motherboards. The failures have
ranged from what you describe (no POST) to unstable/erratic operation.

I teach an A+ class and we used (or tried to use) those motherboards
with disastrous results. We wound up sending them all back.

My personal recommendation would be to get an RMA# from Chaintech and
then call TigerDirect to make arrangements to ship the motherboard back.
You *don't* want an exchange. You want something from a different
manufacturer. We used MSI.

It appears that *some* of the 7NJL6 motherboards are OK. If you get a
good one, consider yourself lucky. If you get a bad one, dump it right
away and get something else.

Hope this helps.

John
--