From: GoTX on
Anyone know how the change the "default inbox" that is linked to the Desktop
Alerts?

I have 3 different email addresses (all POP accounts), residing under the
same profile. I created separate .PSTs for each address, and therefore they
each have their own inbox/outbox/sent items/deleted items folders. My primary
email address is linked to the "Personal Folders" .PST, and is set as the
default account for sending mail. However, the Desktop Alerts that keep
appearing are from one of my secondary accounts, an email addy that I only
use for online shopping and therefore receives tons of ads and spam.

Needless to say, I want to be alerted when emails come to my primary
address, not when Best Buy or Old Navy sends me their spam of the day. So how
do I change which inbox is linked to the Desktop Alerts?

Thanks!!

Andrea M

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"GoTX" <GoTX(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have 3 different email addresses (all POP accounts), residing under the
> same profile. I created separate .PSTs for each address, and therefore they
> each have their own inbox/outbox/sent items/deleted items folders. My
> primary
> email address is linked to the "Personal Folders" .PST, and is set as the
> default account for sending mail. However, the Desktop Alerts that keep
> appearing are from one of my secondary accounts, an email addy that I only
> use for online shopping and therefore receives tons of ads and spam.
>
> Needless to say, I want to be alerted when emails come to my primary
> address, not when Best Buy or Old Navy sends me their spam of the day. So
> how
> do I change which inbox is linked to the Desktop Alerts?

What version of Outlook? That's a big factor in whether alerts work as you
expect or not. How you've configured the accounts also factors in and you
don't include details of that, either.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]