From: ACC on
Having just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 HP preinstalled, I installed
my own Office XP suite.

The only issue is that Outlook doesn't seem to store my email password
properly. When I launch it I get the username and password popup with the
password as **********. Clicking OK gets my emails, and subsequent
send/receive works fine.

Anyone have any idea wheather this is an incompatibility between two MS
products, or any other ideas?

From: Bob I on
Yep, that's one of the known issues.

From: Gordon on

"ACC" <nospam(a)noisp.com> wrote in message
> Having just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 HP preinstalled, I
> installed my own Office XP suite.
>
> The only issue is that Outlook doesn't seem to store my email password
> properly. When I launch it I get the username and password popup with the
> password as **********. Clicking OK gets my emails, and subsequent
> send/receive works fine.
>
> Anyone have any idea wheather this is an incompatibility between two MS
> products, or any other ideas?

It's a known problem. As Office 2002 isn't supported on Windows 7 you may
have to either lump it or fork out for a version that is. (2003, 2007 or
2010 when it's released)
Some information and possible workarounds (scripts) here:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm

From: ACC on
Thanks Guys,

Good old Microsoft, done it again. Amazing how many ways they manage to find
to screw more dosh out of the 'faithful' users.

From: Orland, Kathleen on
This is an incompatibility, easy to understand when you consider that Office
2002 is 8 years old. Vista and Windows 7 require Office 2003 or better.

--

Kathleen Orland
Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon