From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"ACC" <nospam(a)noisp.com> wrote in message

> Good old Microsoft, done it again. Amazing how many ways they manage to find
> to screw more dosh out of the 'faithful' users.

Amazing how many ways car makers manage to screw more dosh out of those Model
T and A drivers because the parts for them can't be found any more.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Bob I on

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] wrote:

> "ACC" <nospam(a)noisp.com> wrote in message
>
>> Good old Microsoft, done it again. Amazing how many ways they manage
>> to find to screw more dosh out of the 'faithful' users.
>

> Amazing how many ways car makers manage to screw more dosh out of those
> Model T and A drivers because the parts for them can't be found any more.

But a truly "faithful" user would have 2007 installed, and be preparing
to buy 2010! <VBG>

From: ACC on
I drive a 20 year old Ford and can get parts with no problem, and find
mechanics that know what they're doing - and don't insist that after 5 years
I must buy a new car.

From: Gordon on

> I drive a 20 year old Ford and can get parts with no problem, and find
> mechanics that know what they're doing - and don't insist that after 5
> years I must buy a new car.

That's because they make more profit on spare parts than they did on the
original car!

From: ACC on
Touche!

BTW, I maintain my car better than my PC, and so it fails less often.