From: Dan on
Hey all,
Is there a registry hack or something similar that can make my default
'from' address something other than my primary address? I can easily type
the alternate address in for every email but that's a huge pain.
Any help is much appreciated.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
What type of email account? If IMAP or POP3, no hack needed - change it on
the Account settings dialog.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: VanguardLH on
Dan wrote:

> Is there a registry hack or something similar that can make my default
> 'from' address something other than my primary address? I can easily type
> the alternate address in for every email but that's a huge pain.

And why can't you change it in the e-mail account that you defined within
Outlook?
From: Dan on
Regular MAPI account as far as I can tell; running Outlook 2007. I don't see
a dialog for the from address though.

From: VanguardLH on
Dan wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> Dan wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a registry hack or something similar that can make my default
>>> 'from' address something other than my primary address? I can easily type
>>> the alternate address in for every email but that's a huge pain.
>>
>> And why can't you change it in the e-mail account that you defined within
>> Outlook?
>
> Regular MAPI account as far as I can tell; running Outlook 2007. I don't see
> a dialog for the from address though.

It's not a dialog. It is a field within a dialog where you define the
parameters for the account that you created within Outlook. What are the
fields where the user can enter their values? One of them isn't called the
E-mail field?