From: Billy1036fm on
Hi

I am running WinXP, Office 2007 and IE8.

In Outlook, I keep getting a pop up window asking for email login details on
an automatic scheduled send/receive. This is for each of our 3 accounts we
have set up.

The send/receive is set for 5 minutes however changing this to a single
minute or 10+ minutes makes no difference - it is still always requested.

I resubmit the password even though it is starred on the pop up window but
the next scheduled S/R same thing happens.

It is annoying and has only started a couple of days ago. I have not done
anything apart from installed the schedule MS updates as sent by MS. Could
it be anything to do with a firewall by the antivirus protector possibly?

Can anyone advise how to cure this as it is driving us mad!

Thanks if you can help - it may help me retain my sanity!

Cheers

Billy
From: VanguardLH on
Billy1036fm wrote:

> I am running WinXP, Office 2007 and IE8.
>
> In Outlook, I keep getting a pop up window asking for email login details on
> an automatic scheduled send/receive. This is for each of our 3 accounts we
> have set up.
>
> The send/receive is set for 5 minutes however changing this to a single
> minute or 10+ minutes makes no difference - it is still always requested.
>
> I resubmit the password even though it is starred on the pop up window but
> the next scheduled S/R same thing happens.
>
> It is annoying and has only started a couple of days ago. I have not done
> anything apart from installed the schedule MS updates as sent by MS. Could
> it be anything to do with a firewall by the antivirus protector possibly?

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asupport.microsoft.com+%2Boutlook+2007+%2Bremember+%2Bpassword+%2B%22protected+storage%22

In the KB articles, use the method that has you delete the registry key for
where the cached login credentials are saved in the protected storage area.