From: dawnvk on
I have a contact whom I email. She's using Outlook 2002 over an Exchange
server at our school. I'm on Outlook 2007 and am emailing from outside her
Exchange server. When I email her, if she hits "Reply", Outlook gives her the
"we're sorry but Outlook had to shut down" message. She can reply to anyone
but me. I'm starting to take this personally :0 She can Forward my messages.
Her .pst is not very large so shouldn't be running into 2002's size
limitations. Other people on the school's exchange server can reply to my
emails.

Does anyone out there have any ideas what would cause this?

Thanks,
Dawnvk
From: VanguardLH on
dawnvk wrote:

> I have a contact whom I email. She's using Outlook 2002 over an Exchange
> server at our school. I'm on Outlook 2007 and am emailing from outside her
> Exchange server. When I email her, if she hits "Reply", Outlook gives her the
> "we're sorry but Outlook had to shut down" message. She can reply to anyone
> but me. I'm starting to take this personally :0 She can Forward my messages.
> Her .pst is not very large so shouldn't be running into 2002's size
> limitations. Other people on the school's exchange server can reply to my
> emails.

You want us users to diagnose a failing Outlook that you don't use but for
someone else who isn't providing any details in your post? Have the other
party come here to provide the details (which are lacking from you that they
could provide) to ask for themself on how to solve their problem.

No one that administers the Exchange server is responsible for help desk
support of the Outlook workstations connecting to it?

What does "outside her Exchange server" mean? You are either using the same
Exchange server or you aren't. Which is it? Are you using your own SMTP
mail host (or own provided by your ISP or an e-mail provider)?

Try sending this problematic recipient a *plain text* message to see what
happens. Regardless of what is the content of your "normal" e-mails to this
other party, the problem with Outlook crashing is on their end so they need
to ask for the help since they can provide the details.