From: John Oliver on
in my Quicken (2008 Deluxe) my IRA starts with shares bought, then
contribution, so the balance shows as negative and then going to zero.
I'm sure it doesn't actually effect anything, but it is annoying, and
I'd like to move the contributions about the "bought" lines so I go from
0 to positive and then zero again.

From: CSM1 on
John Oliver <joliver(a)john-oliver.net> wrote in

> in my Quicken (2008 Deluxe) my IRA starts with shares bought, then
> contribution, so the balance shows as negative and then going to zero.
> I'm sure it doesn't actually effect anything, but it is annoying, and
> I'd like to move the contributions about the "bought" lines so I go
from
> 0 to positive and then zero again.

The only way I know to change the order of transactions is to change the
date.

Or to sort on a different column.

Columns in the register are sortable.

Click a column heading to sort by that column.
Up and down arrows indicate the current sort.
For example, click the Date column heading to sort by Date/Amount.
Transactions are sorted by the entry in their Date fields. If two or
more transactions have the same date entry, the deposits appear before
the payments. Or click the Clr column heading to list all reconciled (R)
transactions first, then transactions you've attempted to reconcile (c),
and then all remaining transactions.
Move the mouse over the column headings for additional information
(flyover help).

Above from Quicken Deluxe 2010 help.

--
CSM1