From: John Oliver on
Quicken 2008 Deluxe

Every two weeks, I have $185 moved from my USAA savings to my USAA Roth
IRA. I set that up as a scheduled transaction in Quicken. So, that's a
+ in my IRA. But when I update transactions, it sucks down a second
transaction for the same amount. I need Quicken to know that the
existing transfer and the freshly-downloaded transaction are the same
thing and to "merge" or "link" tham.

From: just me on

"John Oliver" <joliver(a)john-oliver.net> wrote in message
> Quicken 2008 Deluxe
>
> Every two weeks, I have $185 moved from my USAA savings to my USAA Roth
> IRA. I set that up as a scheduled transaction in Quicken. So, that's a
> + in my IRA. But when I update transactions, it sucks down a second
> transaction for the same amount. I need Quicken to know that the
> existing transfer and the freshly-downloaded transaction are the same
> thing and to "merge" or "link" tham.
>
> --
> * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/ *

When the transaction is downloaded do not just accept but click it then use
the MATCH feature.
SG

From: John Oliver on
On Fri, 7 May 2010 19:52:26 -0700, just me wrote:

> "John Oliver" <joliver(a)john-oliver.net> wrote in message
>> Quicken 2008 Deluxe
>>
>> Every two weeks, I have $185 moved from my USAA savings to my USAA Roth
>> IRA. I set that up as a scheduled transaction in Quicken. So, that's a
>> + in my IRA. But when I update transactions, it sucks down a second
>> transaction for the same amount. I need Quicken to know that the
>> existing transfer and the freshly-downloaded transaction are the same
>> thing and to "merge" or "link" tham.
>>
>> --
>> * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/ *
>
> When the transaction is downloaded do not just accept but click it then use
> the MATCH feature.

It tells me, "There are no transactions to match." But there clearly
is... on 5/7/2010 there's a ContribX of $185 The transactions that are
waiting to be accepted are the transaction where the money is used to
buy shares and "New 5/7/2010 Automated Cash Reversal / 2010 AUTOMATIC
DRAFTCONTRIBUTION +185.00"

How do I make it realize the two +185.00 are the same transaction?