From: ben on
Is there any way to change the instance id for a part in an assembly?
I had to delete and reinsert a few parts and it screwed up one of my
design tables. I'd like to not have to redo all my design tables with
the new ID.

Ben

From: Dale Dunn on
ben(a)bengarvey.com wrote in news:1173907857.827747.78450
@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> Is there any way to change the instance id for a part in an assembly?
> I had to delete and reinsert a few parts and it screwed up one of my
> design tables. I'd like to not have to redo all my design tables with
> the new ID.
>
> Ben

If I remember correctly, you can close and re-open SW, and then the next
inserted instance will take the next open instance number. So, if you
deleted <6> and inserted a new <7>, delete <7>, close SW, re-open the
assembly and insert a new <6>. You may not need to delete <7> to get a new
<6> after the restart.

I know of no other way.