From: ahoneyfield on
We used the hole wizard to create countersunk holes for 8-32 cross
recessed flat head screws. Parts were CNC machined and, surprisingly,
the screws don't sit flush!

Checking back on the model, the countersink is created with a 100
degree angle. Our Engineers Handbook says the standard for such
screws is 80 / 82 degrees.

Anyone else ever had this problem?

What other nasties are out there?

From: Michael Eckstein on
No nasties- you have the option in the hole wizard for 82 or 100 degree
C'sink, the angle is in (82) or (100) format. Take a closer look at the
manager

Mike Eckstein

From: ahoneyfield on
On Mar 7, 9:04 am, "Michael Eckstein"
<mike.ecksteinONOSPAMH...(a)ONOSPAMHEREcharter.net> wrote:
> No nasties- you have the option in the hole wizard for 82 or 100 degree
> C'sink, the angle is in (82) or (100) format. Take a closer look at the
> manager

Michael,

I checked and you're right (of course). Thanks. Now to get some 100
degree screws...

A.

From: brewertr on
On 6 Mar 2007 13:54:03 -0800, ahoneyfield(a)gmail.com wrote:

>We used the hole wizard to create countersunk holes for 8-32 cross
>recessed flat head screws. Parts were CNC machined and, surprisingly,
>the screws don't sit flush!
>
>Checking back on the model, the countersink is created with a 100
>degree angle. Our Engineers Handbook says the standard for such
>screws is 80 / 82 degrees.
>
>Anyone else ever had this problem?

Hole wizard gives lots of options sometimes people don't take care to
choose the correct ones.

In your case from the "Type:" pull down menu,"Flat Head Screw (100)"
was chosen when "Flat Head Screw (82)" was the correct choice.

>What other nasties are out there?

Lots where ever people are involved.

Tom

From: jefrado on
Sorry, I agree with the orginal post. Why would anyone set up the
default to something weird?

Another issue - standard fine thread is 1-14 -- try getting a 1-12 as
the wizard suggests (even more bizzare, so does the machinery
handbook). .

The usefulness of this feature is that you don;t have to look stuff up
(after all its mostly correct) or draw it.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: using InsertFillSurface2
Next: Change the Instance ID