From: Hillel Bodek on
When I installed my Eudora on my new Windows 7 Computer and also registered
it in paid mode. My Registration Number comes up when I click help, even
though I didn't put it in when I reinstalled Eudora in the my Windows 7
computer it appeared in the help area, even though I removed the
installation using the Windows 7 unintall program. Somewhere, Windows 7 has
a remenant of the intial installation on that computer. Where might this
info be installed?

Thanks.

Hillel Bodek

From: John H Meyers on
On 2/21/2010 10:28 AM, Hillel Bodek wrote:

> When I installed my Eudora on my new Windows 7 Computer and also registered
> it in paid mode. My Registration Number comes up when I click help, even
> though I didn't put it in when I reinstalled Eudora in the my Windows 7
> computer it appeared in the help area, even though I removed the
> installation using the Windows 7 uninstall program. Somewhere, Windows 7 has
> a remnant of the initial installation on that computer. Where might this
> info be installed?

Normally in the settings file (Eudora.ini),
which in turn is normally in the "Data" folder.

Everything belonging to the user is in that one folder,
which is what makes transferring Eudora between computers
(or even carrying it around on a USB stick)
a generally trivial project, unless one parks that folder
within the system "program files" area, causing Windows 7
(and formerly Vista) to "freeze" all such folders' content.

Uninstalling Eudora's programs removes only programs;
user files remain, including all mail, settings, and registration.

The registration thus normally gets transferred along with the data,
and normally does not need to be re-entered, provided that one
transfers the original data folder contents first,
before making any actual use of Eudora on one's new computer.

If one instead starts to use Eudora on the new computer,
then one has some new data which may conflict with old data,
just as when one starts writing a new version of a document
before copying an old document, thus now having two versions
which are in conflict, instead of first copying the entire old document
before starting to edit it.

From: Hillel Bodek on
Thanks for your assistance.

My main problem at this point is that I cannot get Eudora to change the path
for my data (to the user area as opposed to the program area). I have
uninstalled it several times but it does not change the path. I searched on
the Windows 7 computer for the eudora.ini file. The search came up
indicating it could not locate such a file.

I have my prior eudora folder intact. And, I also have my prior eduro data
folder (toc. mbx, etc.) intact.

What do you suggest to get me up and running on my Windows 7 computer.

Hillel Bodek

From: John H Meyers on
On 2/21/2010 12:21 PM, Hillel Bodek wrote:

> My main problem at this point is that
> I cannot get Eudora to change the path for my data
> (to the user area as opposed to the program area). I have
> uninstalled it several times but it does not change the path.

This has been addressed in a longer post just made
(shorter answers are easier to do first :)