From: Jeroen on
Hello,

I want to set up a website. I get a website from somebody which i want
to change. How can i change the url from the site i have got?

I am having DW (from the cs5) but has no experience.

Thanx

From: Duncan Kennedy on
<Jeroen> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to set up a website. I get a website from somebody which i want
> to change. How can i change the url from the site i have got?
>
> I am having DW (from the cs5) but has no experience.

You can't really change the URL just like that. You need to have your
own web server / host for a start - have you got that far (with a host
company, I mean)? And have a URL for that?

You need access to that server - or your part of it - the host company
will provide that ninformation.

Personally I prefer to use Filezilla (free) to upload files rather than
Dreamweaver but I know a lot of people do use Dreamweaver.

Now you need all the files from the site you are to copy. If the
present owner has used a similar system, then he / she can probably give
you all the files to put in a folder on your own computer and work on
them with Dreamweaver before putting them back on your site.

If the present owner used one of these "build your site on line"
arragements then I fear you may have problems but these usually use
templates available from the host company so you could work from scratch
- but you don't need Dreamweaver if you go down these lines - the host
company will provide an on-line editor.

That's just a start - it would be a bit long to provide a full build
your site in Dreamweaver tutorial - but there are some good ones on line
and the cheapest book would get you started - then come back here or to
the Adobe Forums on their web site each time you get stuck (we all do
from time to time)

--
duncank