From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:56:07 -0700, Dennis <Dennis(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>John,
>
>One question (I'm still climbing the learning cliff).
>

>Normally I write
>
>me.txtInvoiceNo =
>
>you wrote
>
>me!txtInvoiceNo =
>
>why did you use ! instead of . after me?
>
>Dennis

Either works in this context; the . is a "method" of the form object, and the
! is a member of the form's default Collection (which is its controls). I
don't know if there is any practical difference (though using . will make
editing code a mite easier since it will intelligently complete).
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Dennis on
John,

Thanks for the info.

I have so much more to learn. The sad thing is, each time I learn some I
realize how little I know, the learning cliff get higher, and my head hurts
just a little more.

Dennis