From: Christopher Muto on
MJMIII wrote:
> "G.Strait" <G.Strait(a)No Spam.com> wrote in message
>> I just purchased and awaiting the arrival of my new Dell desktop,
>> installed with Windows Pro. From my understanding Windows 7 does not
>> support Outlook express. I would appreciate any input on a solid
>> email client that works well with Windows 7. Thunderbird maybe?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Greg
>
> http://download.live.com/wlmail

live works but i don't like all the baggage that it comes with.
i think thunderbird is the best choice.
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/
From: Pen on
On 4/25/2010 12:26 PM, G.Strait wrote:
> I just purchased and awaiting the arrival of my new Dell desktop, installed with Windows Pro. From my understanding Windows 7 does not support Outlook express. I would appreciate any input on a solid email client that works well with Windows 7. Thunderbird maybe?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Cheers,
> Greg

I installed Thunderbird on win7 and all went smoothly.
Mozilla has instructions for how to import from OE.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Import_from_Outlook_Express
From: Hank Arnold on
Thunderbird works well and is well supported by Mozilla..

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Services