From: Ong Chin Kiat on
Hi,

A quick update, and some more help needed.

After looking at the samba.log file, I realised that my /etc/fstab was
configured to mount the data drive with the option "user_xattr", but not
"acl". A quick change from "user_xattr" to "user_xattr,acl" fixed that.

Now the "access denied" message does not appear, and I am able to define the
file access permissions.

HOWEVER...

Although the permissions were successfully changed, I get an "Error 1:
Incorrect Function" when attempting to close the share dialog. Upon opening
the share properties dialog again, the shares permissions are still there...

Yet I am unable to delete or modify files (I can save new files to the
server, though). It says that access is denied.

/usr/local/samba/var/samba.log has this entry:
[Fri Aug 13 09:06:00 2010 SGT, 0
.../ntvfs/posix/pvfs_acl.c:567:pvfs_access_check_unix()]
.../ntvfs/posix/pvfs_acl.c:567 denied access to '/data/files/TEST.xls' -
wanted 0x00030116 but got 0x001201ff (missing 0x00010000)

Help please!

Thanks.