From: Cool The Breezer on
Hello Group,
I am quite new to samba as well as linux(centos 5.3). I am
trying to share some directories in my linux server so that users can access
these folders like Windows share. For that I am trying to integrate samba with
our ldap server so that anybody having ldap credential can access the shares.
However I am facing the problem. Till now I am only working with
/etc/samba/smb.conf and using testparm to calidate smb.conf file. The content
of smb.conf

[global]
workgroup = MYGROUP
server string = Samba Server Version %v
password server =
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://x.y.z.a
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
ldap admin dn = uid=_e3user,dc=AAA,dc=net
ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
ldap suffix = dc=AAA,dc=net
ldap user suffix = ou=Users
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://lx.y.z.a
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
cups options = raw

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
valid users = AAA\%S
read only = No
browseable = No

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
printable = Yes
browseable = No

[output]
comment = Doceng output folder
path = /opt/doceng/output
read only = No
guest ok = Yes

[downloads]
path = /home/_e3user/downloads
read only = No
guest ok = Yes

On restarting smb service, I am getting following error
Failed to retrieve password from secrets.tdb
Let me tell you that _e3user is just another user in ldap system
i.e. dap://lx.y.z.a and its not ldap admin. I would really appreciate your help.

- RB