From: Mary on
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables,
reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables
(to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but
childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports,
and forms.

Mary
--
Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com)
From: Jerry Whittle on
Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND
you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I
found it somewhat buggy.

Before you start, make a complete backup of the database.

There is a shareware tool that can do the job. Rich Fisher's excellent Find
and Replace add-in might be just the ticket. If you register it (one of the
best $37 I've ever spent), the cross-reference report can also find what
queries use which reports and forms. It's a good way to find orphans.

http://www.rickworld.com/
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Larry Daugherty on
No, those other objects use the field names.

There are a couple of 3rd party tools that are handy for the purposes
of globally re-naming fields in all of your objects. One of them
should be in your tool kit if you plan to do much development in
Access.

Fina And Replace from www.rickworld.com is shareware and is my
personal favorite.

Speed Ferret is a commercial offering. I believe it's from
Moshannon Tools. I have heard only good things about it too.

Be sure to backup before trying either of those tools on your
application.

HTH

--
-Larry-