From: Charess on
I have a main form called "frmEmployeeDetails" and I have an issue form
called "frmIssues". The Employee details form & the issue form are linked
based off the employee name, which is a drop down box in the Employee Details
table. (I know I should use employee number, but in this case I have to use
the employee name as the primary key). This is the only field that actually
gets entered in the Employee details table, all the other fields are dlookups
based on the employee name.

I currently have the issue form open as a pop-up window based off a command
button in the Employee form. The issue form functions as a subform. However,
the Issue form does not filter on open. It opens up to the first record. Once
I start scrolling through the main form (the employee details form), the
Issue form then begins filtering to the correct record. It's like there a
latency issue. Any ideas on how I can resolve?
From: Jeanette Cunningham on
Open the popup form using code like this-->

DoCmd.OpenForm "NameOfForm", , , "[EmployeeID] = """ & Me.[EmployeeID] &
""""

Note: Replace EmployeeID with the primary key for the Employee table.