From: JoeP on
I want to create a chart in PowerPoint that will allow me to link into Excel
to update the Series headers.
When I create a chart in PowerPoint 2007 Excel opens side by side with
PowerPoint. In the Excel spreadsheet I want to link the Series 1, Series 2,
etc. into another Excel file so that if I change the Excel file the chart in
PowerPoint will update.
In the side by side window of Excel (next to PowerPoint) I click in cell B1
(where it says Series 1) and enter a formula such as =[ExcelSource]Sheet1!b1
it doesn't create the link - instead it shows the value 0.
is there anyway that I can create the series headings by linking into
another Excel file?
Thanks for any help.

Joe Peterson