From: Carlos Felipe França da Fonseca on
Is there any way to check remotely whether Terminal Service is configured in
remote administration mode or application mode?
Is there any WMI class or a registry key which provides this information?

Thanks!

Felipe

From: Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT] on
if the server is Win2k3 and above, you can try
Win32_TerminalServiceSetting.TerminalServerMode WMI property
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383640(v=VS.85).aspx
Thanks
Soo Kuan

"Carlos Felipe Fran�a da Fonseca" <carlosfelipefranca(a)gmail.com> wrote in
message news:#GX8BVo1KHA.2028(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

From: Carlos Felipe França da Fonseca on
Thanks!

Do you know if there is any way to check it on Windows 2000?

Carlos Felipe

From: Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT] on
For windows 2000. One thing you can try is to check with remote registry. I
don't have a windows 200 machine, I can't verify exactly what registry key
it is, but in Windows 2008, it is
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\RCM\Licensing
Core\LicensingMode
Thanks
Soo Kuan

"Carlos Felipe Fran�a da Fonseca" <carlosfelipefranca(a)gmail.com> wrote in
message news:OZiOb#o1KHA.3868(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

From: Vera Noest on
"Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT]" <sookuant(a)online.microsoft.com> wrote on 08
apr 2010 in microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

> For windows 2000. One thing you can try is to check with remote
> registry. I don't have a windows 200 machine, I can't verify
> exactly what registry key it is, but in Windows 2008, it is
> HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
> Server\RCM\Licensing Core\LicensingMode
> Thanks
> Soo Kuan

Can't check either, but on a 2003 server, it's

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\TSAppCompat

0 = Remote Administration, 1 = Application Server mode

Vera Noest
Remote Desktop Services troubleshooting
http://ts.veranoest.net